Day Three - The Pointer Sisters

The first night in a new timezone is always the most difficult.  I have a stay up until 22:22 rule which usually serves me well.  However it did not stop me waking at 4:24 this morning leaving quite some time until the hotel coffee area opened.

As I write this early section of the blog it is 6:26 and I have secured some coffee and can confirm it was not really worth the wait.  It is still dark and mainly I have to listen to Alistair ranting on the 'phone to his bank (not unreasonably given he has been without a debit card for over a month thanks to their bungling).  I should also note at this point that the reason I have all this time related information is THE HOTEL ROOM HAS A CLOCK.

Yesterday evening was a fairly low key affair spent in a local restaurant with a resulting bill that I think is a fair reflection of the food vs. beer split.  Although to be clear we did leave some of the food.


We also visited another local bar which had a live band.  Sadly had is used in its past tense form, at 22:00 it was totally bereft of people apart from said band packing up to go home.

Anyway on to the Pointer Sisters.  "I'M SO EXCITED," today we got to visit the track and watch the beginnings of a weekend of motorsport.  Also the gang grew today, Rahul, Pete, Eric and Chris joined us it feels like we are getting the band back together.  Although I am pretty jealous of the view from Pete and Chris' room:


Today being the quieter Friday we were able to sit wherever we liked around the circuit which was a good way to see how much worse the other seats were than the ones we have got for Saturday and Sunday.  I was also able to get what I think is a pretty decent picture of Lewis Hamilton driving last year's car round the circuit, thank you Google images.

++

 Here is one I actually took which is in many ways better:


Following on from watching the cars I was able to pretty much meet Lewis Hamilton, a moment I am sure he will talk about for years to come.



The day will end with a night out on Austin's fashionable 6th street where we will probably enjoy a sophisticated meal at one of the city's many fine restaurants.  Or go on a bar crawl.  (time fans it is now the other 6:26)

Why not follow me on TWITTER after all Heidi Allen MP is a fan:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days One and Two - There's No Limit

Scotland Day Two - The Proclaimers

Day Six - Inspiral Carpets - Saturn V