Blogging On - Wales 2019

2018 was a slow year for readers of my travelogue blog.  Chiefly because I didn't really go anywhere.  Luckily 2019 is shaping up to be a bit more active starting with the annual trip to an away 6 nations match.  This year the gang visit Cardiff to see if England can maintain their stunning start to the 2019 tournament.

Given last year's train trip to Paris was unlikely to be bettered ( SEE HERE ) it was decided that we should employ a different mode of transport.  Thus I found myself up early this morning  (7:07) to collect a mini-bus which Craig's company was kindly lending us.  So far I have driven it a few miles (to the pub of course) and my main observation is it smells of builders.

By the time I return it I expect it to mainly smell of booze / yorkie bars.  The trip starts at 1:11PM today when I pick up the Cambourne passengers before heading to Cardiff via a few stopping points hopefully including KFC.  The rest of the group have busied themselves collecting booze to drink en-route so it is shaping up to be a lively day.


A minibus earlier today

The journey started innocuously enough with Keith and Brenda loading their bags onto the bus at more or less the agreed time.  I then noticed they were loading and plugging in a fridge to the back of the bus.  A similar drill followed chez Harlow and the same at subsequent stops.  By this stage every time I hit a small bump the sound from the back was not dissimilar to that of a bottle bank.  By the time we stopped for the Oxford collection there was a full black bag of empties.

"we're not pissed"

Luckily some of my passengers remained sober enough to help with navigation duties, is what I would have been writing if my friends were capable of showing any sort of restraint.  Instead the journey included a trip down multiple single track roads, ideal in quite a wide bus, and round Newport's lovely dock area several times.  The latter was quite good as there is a transporter bridge which was pretty cool.

After punctuating the drive with my much coveted KFC stop (ace chicken, rubbish chips) we arrived at the hotel at around 7:07.  By that point I was more than ready for a small cup of beer.  I am currently waiting for the others and a taxi to take us to a local curry house for an evening meal and some ill advised further drinking.

Anyway that is quite a lot of words for a day in which not a great deal happened.  Curry and beer awaits then an early night for tomorrow is match day.

If you enjoyed this blog then why not follow me on Twitter @bigbensbike










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Day Two - The Proclaimers

Days One and Two - There's No Limit

Day Six - Inspiral Carpets - Saturn V